Welcome!

This body of work began sometime in the mid 1990's, as an experiment, seeing if I could adhere a dress to a canvas and create a painting over all the textures. "Dress painting" is a term I came up with to explain these when I simply couldn't think of anything better. Over the years they have evolved, with new elements of collage being added. Dress patterns, photographs, and embroidery all appear from time to time, as well as lino block prints, rubber stamps and gold leaf. I will use this space to explore the beginnings of this series, as well as showing my latest work. If the piece is available for sale you'll find the price at the bottom. Free shipping in the U.S. Contact me at kallencole@aol.com to purchase.

Would you like to see my full website? Head over to KathrineAllenColeman.com

Tuesday, July 13, 2010

Goody Two Shoes



Somewhere deep in the first pages of this blog you will find the first "Goody Two Shoes." It was one of my all time favorites, and she sold either the first, or second time she was shown. So it's time to re visit the theme. This one is smaller, at 24" square. I'm loving the jade green, red, and yellow, colors straight out of the 40's and 50's. The dress itself is also from around that time. "Goody" is stitched along the top in black embroidery floss. And the photos are gussied up a bit with yellow polka dots and a little transparent white to make them pop.

I'm quite pleased with this one, and will be packing it (her?) up to go to Ann Arbor next week, along with many others. See you there!

Goody Two Shoes has sold, and is on her way to L.A. you go girl!

No comments:

Post a Comment