Welcome!

This body of work began sometime in the mid 1990's, as an experiment, seeing if I could adhere a dress to a canvas and create a painting over all the textures. "Dress painting" is a term I came up with to explain these when I simply couldn't think of anything better. Over the years they have evolved, with new elements of collage being added. Dress patterns, photographs, and embroidery all appear from time to time, as well as lino block prints, rubber stamps and gold leaf. I will use this space to explore the beginnings of this series, as well as showing my latest work. If the piece is available for sale you'll find the price at the bottom. Free shipping in the U.S. Contact me at kallencole@aol.com to purchase.

Would you like to see my full website? Head over to KathrineAllenColeman.com

Monday, November 23, 2015

Hark the Herald of Small Voices



I am very pleased to be a part of a new installation at Signature Shop in Atlanta from now through early January.  Hark the Herald of Small Voices features work by Kirsten Stingle, Christine Kosiba, and myself.  Loosely woven around the folklore of Krampus, the exhibit features naughty children, and their toys as they are watched over by ravens or crows.
In the center of the show is a tree topped by Krampus, loaded with one of a kind decorations for the collector of odd and wonderful things.  If you are in the Atlanta area please join us for Tea and Krampus on December 12th from 1-5pm.

Krampus will be there with his helpers posing for photos, and maybe even pouring some tea.


Signature Shop is located at 3267 Roswell Rd. NE in the heart of Buckhead.

No comments:

Post a Comment